When summer and fall roll around, there’s nothing quite like the taste of fresh, local produce. If you live near Woodstock, Georgia, Berry Patch Farms is the go-to destination for pick-your-own fruits, vegetables, and trees.
At Berry Patch Farms, you can pick juicy blueberries in July, fat orange pumpkins in October, and festive Christmas trees in December. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know to plan your visit to this beloved seasonal farm.
An Overview of Berry Patch Farms
Berry Patch Farms is a family-owned and operated pick-your-own farm located in Woodstock, Georgia. Situated on over 50 acres of land, the farm has been a popular agritourism destination since first opening in 1978.
Today, Berry Patch Farms continues to be run by second and third-generation family members. They grow a variety of fruits, vegetables, and Christmas trees using sustainable farming methods. Visitors are invited to hand pick blueberries, pumpkins, and holiday trees directly from the vine during seasonal harvests.
The centerpiece of the farm is the quaint Farm Stand Market. Here you can purchase fresh produce, jams and jellies, fall decor, gifts, local honey, and more. Pre-picked fruit is available for sale in addition to the pick-your-own options.
Berry Patch Farms hosts special events and activities throughout the season. These include school field trips, birthday parties, live music performances, hayrides, and photos with Santa. Visitors of all ages enjoy the welcoming, family-friendly atmosphere.
Whether you come for the farm-fresh produce or the fun seasonal activities, Berry Patch Farms offers a picturesque farming experience just minutes outside Atlanta. It’s the perfect place to make memories while supporting local agriculture.
Berry Patch Farms is a great place to spend a day with the family. Whether you’re picking blueberries, carving pumpkins, or taking photos with Santa, you’re sure to have a great time.
- The farm is open from 8 AM to 6 PM, seven days a week.
- Admission is free. You pay only for the produce you pick.
- Cash, credit/debit cards, and contactless payments are accepted.
- Parking is free.
- The farm is wheelchair accessible.
Visiting the Farm
Berry Patch Farms is open seasonally, with different hours depending on the time of year. Before your visit, be sure to check their website or Facebook page for the most up-to-date hours.
During blueberry season in July, the farm is typically open Tuesday through Saturday from 8 AM to 6 PM. In October for pumpkin picking, they’re open daily from 9 AM to 6 PM. Christmas tree harvesting takes place Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 5 PM in December.
Admission to Berry Patch Farms is free. You pay only for the produce you pick. Pricing varies by item:
- Blueberries: $2.50 per pound
- Pumpkins: $0.50 per pound
- Christmas trees: $50 – $75, varying by height
Cash, checks, credit cards, and contactless payments are accepted. Some key things to know:
- Large bills are not accepted.
- Checks require a valid driver’s license.
- There is an ATM on site.
- The farm requests that large groups call ahead to arrange their visit. Pets are permitted but must be leashed. Smoking is prohibited on the premises.
Parking at Berry Patch Farms is free. The parking lot is very large to accommodate crowds during peak seasons. There are designated handicap parking spaces located close to the entrance.
The grounds have paved pathways between the parking lot, farm stand, and pick-your-own fields to accommodate wheelchairs and strollers. A wheelchair is available to borrow if needed.
Picnic tables are positioned alongside the blueberry and pumpkin fields so you can take breaks and enjoy snacks during your visit. There are also clean restrooms stocked with running water and soap for handwashing.
If you want to make a full day trip, consider packing the following for your farm visit:
- Sun protection like hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Bottles of water to stay hydrated
- Containers or bags for collecting your haul
- A picnic lunch or snacks
- Bug spray and first aid supplies
- Cash for admissions and purchasing produce
- Camera for capturing memories
Come dressed for the weather in clothes you don’t mind getting dusty or stained. Leave the fancy outfits and heels at home. Comfortable walking shoes, boots or sneakers are best for navigating the fields.
With picturesque scenery and hands-on fun, Berry Patch Farms promises an unforgettable agritourism experience for guests of all ages.
Pick-Your-Own Produce at Berry Patch Farms
One of the highlights of visiting Berry Patch Farms is getting to pick your own fresh fruits, veggies, and trees. Here’s what you need to know about each harvest season:
Blueberry Picking in July
- The blueberry picking season runs from mid-June to early August each year.
- The farm grows several varieties of plump, juicy blueberries that ripen to a deep purple-blue color.
- Before entering the 5-acre blueberry field, be sure to grab a bucket or bag to collect your haul. Containers are available for purchase at the farm stand if needed.
- Once in the field, keep an eye out for the bright pink flags marking the best bushes ready for picking. The ripe blueberries should easily come off the bush when gently pulled. Avoid any shriveled or mushy berries.
- For the best flavor, pick blueberries in the morning or evening when the sun is not as hot. This helps them maintain their firmness and juiciness.
- Rinse off your blueberries before storage and refrigerate promptly once home. They will keep for up to two weeks. Enjoy them fresh, bake them into pies and muffins, or freeze a batch for later.
Pumpkin Picking in October
- October brings peak pumpkin season. The farm has a separate 25-acre field reserved just for pumpkins.
- Hundreds of bright orange pumpkins in all shapes and sizes are available for picking straight from the vine. Look for ones free of blemishes, holes, and mold.
- Small pumpkins typically cost $3-5 while large carving pumpkins can run $8-12 on average. Pricing is by the pound.
- Because pumpkins are heavy, bring old wagons, wheelbarrows, or carts to transport your specimens around the field.
Christmas Tree Selection in December
- From late November through December, Berry Patch Farms transforms into a magical winter wonderland. Visitors can roam through thousands of beautifully shaped firs and pines to select the perfect Christmas tree.
- The farm plants a number of popular varieties including Fraser Fir, Douglas Fir, Canaan Fir, and Blue Ice Cypress. There are options ranging from tabletop trees to towering 12-footers.
- Berry Patch Farms provides saws to cut down your tree once purchased. Trees are priced at approximately $50-$75 depending on height.
- Remember to bring plenty of rope or twine to secure your tree for transport home. The farm also sells tree stands, skirts, garlands, and wreaths so you can pick up all your holiday decor in one spot.
Wear appropriate shoes and clothing that can get dirty.
Bring sun protection like hats and sunscreen.
Use gentle motions to avoid damaging plants.
Only pick ripe produce to avoid waste.
Don’t overfill containers to prevent bruising.
Follow all rules posted around the fields.
With three seasons of fresh fruits, gourds, and firs, you’ll enjoy hands-on picking fun year after year at Berry Patch Farms!
Berry Patch Farms Activities and Amenities
Berry Patch Farms offers a variety of family-friendly activities and amenities in addition to pick-your-own produce. Here are some of the highlights:
- Playground and Picnic Area: The farm has a large playground with swings, slides, and climbing structures for children ages 2-12. Parents can relax at the picnic tables and benches surrounding the play area.
- Farm Animals: Berry Patch Farms is home to many adorable farm animals that guests can visit and feed. Kids of all ages will love interacting with the goats, chickens, rabbits, ducks, pigs, and more.
- Farm Store: The Farm Stand Market is a great place to stock up on fresh produce, baked goods, jams, jellies, honey, and other local artisan crafts and gift items. You can also find seasonal decorations, supplies, snacks, and souvenirs.
- Seasonal Events and Attractions: Berry Patch Farms hosts a variety of fun activities and events throughout the year, including school field trips, birthday parties, corn mazes, music performances, photos with Santa, and more. Check the event calendar on the farm’s website for details.
With so much to see and do, Berry Patch Farms is the perfect place to spend a day with the family. Whether you’re picking blueberries, feeding the animals, or exploring the farm store, you’re sure to have a great time.
Planning Your Trip to Berry Patch Farms
Berry Patch Farms is a family-friendly pick-your-own farm located in Woodstock, Georgia. It’s a great place to spend a day outdoors, enjoying fresh air and sunshine while picking your own fruits and vegetables.
What to Bring
Here are some things you’ll need to bring on your trip to Berry Patch Farms:
- A sturdy bucket or bag for picking produce
- Sunscreen and hat
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle
Tips for Picking Produce
Here are some tips for picking produce at Berry Patch Farms:
- Wear comfortable shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Pick ripe produce only.
- Be gentle with the plants.
- Don’t overfill your container.
- Wash your produce thoroughly before eating it.
Seasonal Events and Attractions
Berry Patch Farms hosts a variety of seasonal events and attractions throughout the year. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Blueberry Picking: Berry Patch Farms is known for its blueberries, which are ripe for picking in mid-June to early August.
- Pumpkin Picking: In October, the farm transforms into a pumpkin patch, with hundreds of pumpkins of all shapes and sizes available for picking.
- Christmas Tree Selection: From late November to December, Berry Patch Farms offers a variety of Christmas trees for sale.
- Corn Maze: The farm also hosts a corn maze during the fall.
- Live Music: Berry Patch Farms hosts live music performances on weekends throughout the year.
- Photos with Santa: In December, Santa Claus makes an appearance at Berry Patch Farms for photos with children.
Berry Patch Farms offers a quintessential seasonal farm experience for visitors of all ages. With juicy blueberries in summer, plump pumpkins in fall, and festive Christmas trees in winter, you’re sure to find fresh, tasty produce year-round.
Plan your picking adventure in advance and come prepared with supplies, sun protection, and containers. Follow tips from the staff to safely navigate the fields and select the choicest fruits and veggies.
With a bit of advance planning, your whole family will make memories to last a lifetime at Berry Patch Farms.